Earlier on, I had disabled the numbering for a reason I can no longer rememberber and never got around to enabling them again. They should work fine now.
Something to think about
First off I want to give you a big thank-you for all that you have done here. It has been very helpful to have someone besides myself working on MYSTAges.
Second, for the past few months I've been debating over whether or not MYSTAges is ready for the Myst community. I know its public and all, but I've never given it a big unveiling. I plan on sometime announcing it on the Uru Live forums, but I'm still deciding over whether or not its ready.
So I guess what I'm trying to ask is whether or not you think its ready for the Myst community?
- Hi, glad to hear that I've been helpful :)
- I'd say that content-wise the wiki is quite ready. What especially stands out is that there is a lot of information about the backstory and plot-irrelevant stuff (for example Eti or the districts of D'ni).
- Unfortunately these is still quite a lot of work to do in terms of style. The categories are quite a mess, I'm trying to do something about that at the moment. There is also a lot of potential considering templates. You may have noticed my attempts to automatically add categories to pages that use certain boxes, which failed because most of the parameters I used contained links. It would definitely be good to write a few guidelines for certain things (e. g. category names must be in singular, avoid links in template parameters, and such). If these exist, other community members could help, so we won't have to do all the style fixes alone.
- Perhaps you could also install the Cite extension, used for footnotes using tags: <ref>footnote</ref>, and later <references />. Also looks like you installed ParserFunctions, nice :)
- PS: I've noticed that there was someone else, apparently a sysop, called Meiko, is s/he still active?
- --dgelessus (talk · contribs) 15:24, 8 July 2013 (CDT)
- Okay, I just uploaded the Cite extension so that should work now. As for Meiko, he is a good friend of mine that helped transfer MYSTAges over to here (it was previously on Wikia until its adds and restrictions drove me crazy) Since he's never played Myst and I can't seem to get him to try it, he only really helps with coding and that kind of stuff.
- - Vector
- Cite doesn't seem to be working, unfortunately... see User:Dgelessus#Randomness. I double-checked my syntax and the problem seems to be on the technical side. --dgelessus (talk · contribs) 16:41, 9 July 2013 (CDT)
How to do you create a new topic on the Uru Live Forums? I know it sounds like a stupid question, but I haven't really ever used it or any other forums before and I don't see a "create new topic button" anywhere. (I mean I have an account there and read almost every new post, but haven't ever commented on it.)
- First of all you should be logged in, otherwise things might not work as expected. On the main forums page you cannot create topics yet, only in one of the sub-forums (Spoiler-free, Events, Spoilers, etc.) If you are doing the wiki announcement, Off-Topic would probably be the best. Then you should have a "new topic" button near the top and bottom of the page. Click that and you can start writing. There's also some formatting available via buttons above the text box.
- If you want to reply to a topic, there's a "post reply" button on the top and bottom of the page when viewing a topic. --dgelessus (talk · contribs) 02:05, 11 July 2013 (CDT)
- Hmn, all I see on the bottom is: