| "Oh, what a mess!"
This article is in serious need of improvement. Your help would be graciously appreciated.
|The following article is written from an In-Cavern (IC) perspective. All fictional events should be considered real.|
A portrait of Aitrus, a D'ni
The D'ni (D'ni: D'nE, D'nee, meaning 'new start' or 'new beginning' (literally "new again"); pronounced duh-NEE, though sometimes incorrectly pronounced DUH-nay, DUKH-nee or DAN-nee) were a civilization living in a group of caverns under the surface of Earth for almost 9 and a half millenia, from their exodus from Garternay in 0 DE (7657–7656 BCE) to the Fall of D'ni in 9400 DE (1744 CE).
Several decades after the diaspora of the D'ni survivors of the Fall, Atrus and Katran searched through D'ni Ages for survivors, and, along with the survivors they found, founded a new D'ni civilization in Releeshahn.
- For a timeline of events in D'ni history, see the D'ni Timeline.
The D'ni worshipped a god known as Yahvo or The Maker.
- Myst: The Book of Ti'ana
- Myst: The Book of Atrus (mentioned only)
- Riven: The Sequel to Myst (mentioned only)
- Myst: The Book of D'ni
- Myst III: Exile (mentioned only)
- Myst IV: Revelation (mentioned only)
- Uru: Ages Beyond Myst (mentioned only)
- Uru: To D'ni (mentioned only)
- Uru: The Path of the Shell (mentioned only)
- Myst V: End of Ages
- Uru Live (mentioned only)