- This article is about the species formerly enslaved by the D'ni. For the slaves of the Terahnee, see Relyimah (Terahnee).
A Bahro in K'veer in 2005 CE
The Bahro, or Bah'ro (D'ni: ba'ro, meaning 'beast-people'), often referred to as "the Least" (D'ni: reziTaTtE, rezithahthtee) and sometimes referred to by explorers as the Vakhro (from D'ni: vakro, Vahkhro, meaning 'link-people'), are a mysterious intelligent non-human species that have incredible power, including the ability to link at will. Although it is unclear when or how exactly it began, they were enslaved by the D'ni using the power of the Tablet for almost 10,000 years, until Dr. Watson gave the Tablet to the Bahro in 2005 CE, freeing them. One of their home Ages is Noloben, where Esher fled during the Fall of D'ni.
The Bahro are currently engaged in a civil war, having split into two main factions after being freed by Dr. Watson, with one faction siding with the explorers of D'ni and the new D'ni civilization in Releeshahn, defending them against the other faction, the Bah'ro Nekisahl, led by Nekisahloth, which seeks to destroy D'ni and those attempting to restore it.
Due to a certain snake's ability to prevent them from linking, Bahro are terrified of them.
Bahro have the ability to:
- Link themselves or others at will
- Disable Linking Books
- Bring heat in Tahgira
- Speed up time in Todelmer
- Make it rain in Noloben
- Bring strong winds in Laki'ahn
- Modify time in Minkata
- Create Bahro Stones, which break several rules of the Art
- Uru: Ages Beyond Myst
- Uru: The Path of the Shell (portrayed in Bahroglyphs)
- Myst V: End of Ages
- Uru Live